Thursday, June 17, 2010

Only a Few Game Nights State-side Remain...

Tuesday night was possibly my last night playing at one of my FLGS, and sadly I originally didn't plan on playing. My intention was to show up just to return some Drop Pods I borrowed from fellow gamers for semis, however another Marine was there and asked me to play a 2000pt game against his IG list. I accepted and quickly got to work scratching up a list.

Game turns out to be 5 objectives, the majority of which we placed on the left side of the board. Big mistake for my opponent, great for me. Unfortunately he won first turn. He gets to deploying in a turtled up tank fashion in his two corners with some Scout Sentinels and junk in the center. I reserve everything, which made him a very sad panda.

Turn 1O: He sits back and sulks that there's nothing to shoot.

Turn 1M: Drop pod with Furioso Libby comes down, Libby pops two Manticores. Yay!

Turn 2O:  He immobilizes and shakes Libby Dread, fails to kill it. It can't shoot next turn though. Bummer.

Turn 2M: Dante and Honor Guard toting meltas come in by his Russ'... They fail to do anything aside from immobilize one of them. Death Co StormRaven also comes in and boosts 24" across the board, fails at melta-ing a Russ.

Turn 3O: He shoots a crap ton at the Stormraven, lots of misses and cover saves are made. I survive the onslaught. He shoots up Honor Guard and kills one.

Turn 3M: Stormraven moves 12" and drops a Death Dread. Dread and Stormraven shoot up Sentinels, killing one or two. Dante and Honor Guard hop behind a Drop Pod for some TLoS cover and attempt to pop a Russ to no avail. A Rhino also came on and shot 18" across the board, popping smoke.

Turn 4O: He tries to pop the Rhino to no avail. Tries to pop the Raven and succeeds. One Death Co Marine is lost to ensuing firestorm.

Turn 4M: Another Rhino comes on and mimics the first ones move. The first one moves up 12" to be within range for Assault on T5 along with an objective grab. Death Co move out of crater towards a Russ. Libby Dread pops said Russ. Dante and HG pop other Russ and Death Dread makes a mess of IG Vets.

Turn5 O: He tries to pop the first Rhino and succeeds in forcing an emergency disembarkation. Fails to pop the second. Shoots up half the Assault Marines from Rhino One, they make Leadership tests and prepare for Assault next turn. Another HG Marine and a Death Co Marine fall to gunfire.

Turn 5M: Last Rhino comes on, we forget about it. Not like it was needed though. Dante and HG move into position to rape. Assault squad do their job and rape a Guard Mob, claiming the only objective close enough to my opponent. Rhino 2 Claims a second objective. Didn't get to roll the assault for Dante and HG as my opponent had to leave.

Over all, very good game for me. It kind of stunk that my opponent didn't do too hot, however it turns out he's only been playing 6 months. I also have been playing for about the same time, playing properly that is. (I don't count my time in Europe as we didn't really know the rules yet).

It wasn't until I was leaving the store that I realized this could be my last time seeing the crowd there. I felt fairly down about it and choose to have a drink at a bar before going back to my barracks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment