Sunday, May 9, 2010

Korlictus, Daemon Hound of Armegedon!


When Angron the Daemon Primarch of the World Eaters invaded Armegedon, Korlictus was a champion of the Skull Takers that partook. He fought valiantly against the Wolves of Russ and whatever pitiful defense that the world could muster and collected skulls by the dozen for his master. It was when the Grey Knights arrived that Korlictus was cut down. Khorne however was not done with Korlictus yet and spared his life for another day... Korlictus lived, by only through interment of a dreadnaught sarcophagus. He continues to wage war and collect skulls til this very day.


When I decided to expand my 'Ard Boyz list to three Stormravens and Dreads, I realized I needed to make one of the Dreads a Furiouso as I had no troop slots available. With it being a Furiouso, I wanted to give it a unique look to seperate it from the Death Co Dreads... This one had to be a Chaotic equivelant of a Venerable, and fortunately that was the only Dread my FLGS had available.

I also had the daemonic mount left over from the WHFB Khorne lord. Originally I was only going to place the head over the sarcophogus, however I later decided to incorporate the legs as well. I then made sure to add plenty of spikey bits and skulls to cover up any loyalist nonsense.

I made the Blood Talons from the sword scabbards from the Khorne Berserkers box. I was tempted to file them all down at first, but decided to leave it as decoration. The skulls all over the chest are from the skulls bitz collection off GW's website and the chains bit and spikes on top came from the Chaos Vehicle sprue.

I'm tempted to add a tail similar to the Trygon to this model as it looks a little top heavy at the moment. I'm a little hesitant to make it using wires and green stuff, however I'm more hesitant to buy a Trygon just for its tail. I love the model and would be delighted to have one, but I don't know what use I'd put it to...

Comments and critiques are of course welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I've been out of the 40k circuit for a while, I'm taking it thats the plastic venerable dread? You've certainly done a wonderful job converting it.

    How about instead of a tail get some guitar strings and have a bunch of cables and such running from the back down to the button area, that will give it the illusion of 'bulking up' while at the same time not costing you a small fortune.

    slap some paint on that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, and yes it was a plastic venerable dread. I even magnetized the left blood talon so I can swap it with the fist (with sorcerer's staff) to make it a Libby Furiouso!

    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the "button area", but I'm assuming you mean cables trailing down from its waist to knee-ish height? Not entirely sure, but I'm sure I'll experiment with the idea.

    As I currently live in a barracks, my painting is limited to when I make the occasional trek to GW. It is further limited by if some one asks me to play while I'm there. :P

    But rest assured, it will be painted! As I like it so much, it's probably gonna jump to the front of the painting queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I mean't butt area, mabye I have some sort of reverse Freudian?

    I found when I was overseas on deployment I actually made a sort of portable paint station with the primary colors I needed that fit nicely in the ruck. Gives you something to do what your doing nothing at all :)

    ReplyDelete