Friday, May 21, 2010

Let LOS Be Damned! Incoming Terrain.

Just spent a bit of time over at TerrainScapes looking for cheap, LoS blocking terrain that I can bring to the table for my weekly gaming addiction. As it stand, my gaming group lacks LoS blocking terrain for every one to have a suitable playing field on Tuesdays, so I've decided to go the route and get some of my own. One play who did the same recommended a website for me, but I forgot it and so went with googling around instead. He had a decent set of terrain that costed 'bout $100, so I figure that'd be the price I'd search for as well. Well, lo and behold I found some!

I decided to go with the Martian Buttes set, two of 'em and an Arch. Costs $110, plus $20 shipping. Not bad, I'm very pleased to be honest.


Swing by their site by clicking the link I posted above and give it a look. They've got some great stuff and at reasonable pricing too.

3 comments:

  1. They're good looking sets, but I'm always a little scared of scaling. Any chance you'll be posting pics of them next to your own models for size comparison shots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't have 'em for a few days still, but if you go to the page I linked to you can see some customer submitted photo's that have the terrain on table with a 40k game going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generating Energy Storage & A Combination Renewable Energy System

    “It is cheaper to save energy than make energy”

    Any renewable energy system that is installed should have extra capacity and be able to convert water into hydrogen which will be used to power a hydrogen generator as a back-up power source.

    We should install a renewable energy system that utilizes solar & wind, when possible add geothermal to the mix.

    A design is needed for a renewable energy system that can generate electricity and heat water with a step down mixer allowing the system to provide water hot enough for radiant heating and at the same time utilize a step down mixing valve to reduce the water temperature to be able its use for hot water in normal consumption.

    A thermal renewable energy system may be able to provide both.

    Prior to sizing up a renewable energy system, an energy audit should be conducted and energy efficiency recommendations should be implemented, that includes changing habits in utilizing energy and utilities in general.

    Habitual changes can save between 20 to 50% of energy & utility consumption.
    When people are considerate not to waste, they save resources and money.

    YJ Draiman, Energy/Utility Analyst

    ReplyDelete